Sunday 8 September 2013

No Way Out - Author's Notes

The sequel to Snatched. Several readers asked for a sequel... so here it is....

Once again, Julia Bennett finds herself abducted into a nightmare of sexual humiliation in a foreign land far from home. The man who had kidnapped her in Snatched has broken free and now seeks revenge... assisted by an unlikely companion whom she thought she could trust. Naked, locked in a prison cell, where her captors speak a language she can't understand, how can she escape? Without a passport, can she prove her identity?

Her boyfriend is still searching for her, but has no clue where to start.

How can she reach him from her bleak, far-away dungeon?

SAMPLE EXTRACT:

The door unlocked again, and in strode Stamm and one of his men. “How did you sleep last night?” he asked.
“All right,” I replied evenly. I was waiting for him to make some remark about my haircut. He didn’t.
“It’s time for breakfast. We’ll take you to the dining room. Come on.”
Still naked, I walked with them along the corridor again; after some small distance we turned through an open doorway and I found I was back in my old cell. A plastic plate, containing bread, and a beaker of water were waiting for me on the floor. A clean plastic chamber pot was in the far corner.
Stamm was trying to humiliate me and, so far, he was doing a very good job to try and make me break. I realised there might come a time soon when I would come close to that point where the world would collapse around me. But I had to steel myself and prepare for it.
“Back in your old home again, Ms. Bennett. I have a lot to do, but I’ll be back to see you later today.”
“May I have a wash?” I asked. “I’m sure I must smell by now.”
He ignored me. The door slammed shut; I was alone once more. I looked around; there was no hint of a camera, a window or any other way in which they could keep an eye on me while I was in here. I was tempted to cry; surely it wouldn’t do any harm, would it? I thought. It might be good to get some of the frustration out of my system.
But I knew that if I had let the tension get the better of me, Stamm would have won the battle. I had to be strong. If he wanted to screw me standing against the wall, then it was fine as far as I was concerned. I wasn’t going to object. I wouldn’t object to anything he was going to do to my body. I just wouldn’t let him mess with my spirit.

--------------------
More to follow soon!
Best,

Rachel

email: rc (at) rachelcray (dot) com

Twitter: @RachelCray1

No comments:

Post a Comment